Wednesday 19 May 2010

Brisbane to Cairns. To bodly go where no. Erm. Possum? Has gone before...

Just a quick one, because far too many days have gone by without me writing this down, so im in danger of getting this forgotton about..

Started off in Brisbane, got the car sorted. Went to pick it up, QUITE hungover, but never mind! Grabbed the car, and they needed $2k for a bond. Which bloody cleared me out. So the trip was off to a bad start anyways! :P

So I drove from Brisbane to Rainbow beach. That was a nice place, met a few other travellers in the carpark, chatted with them, had dinner, chatted some more. Then after they went off to sleep in a side street, I wondered down to the beach, and was out there, lying on the beach, looking up at the most incredible star-scape (is that even a word??), playing a bit of guitar. It was absolutely magical...

Then after that, I went up to Inskip point, and set up camp on the beach on this free campsite, and slept there. That was tres cool..

The day after I did a 10 hour mission up to Emu Point / Yeppon, where I got lost half way through, and ended up on 20ks worth of dirt track, then booked myself into a hostel which was bloody welcome! I was so tired, i couldnt even remember my bloody name. It was well comfy though, and Emu Park had an incredible beach on too...

Unfortunately I missed out on the whitsundays, and Fraiser because of the robbing bastards at Travellers Autobahn, but never mind! Went to Airlie beach the next stop, then went up to a waterfall, which is the biggest in Queensland. It promised to be amazing, before it p******d down all night, and all the next day, so all I saw was a bloody load of cloud. GAY!!

Then I went from there up to Cairns, and found this real nice hostel. On the monday night I wont some free beer, and a Bunjee Swing thing, which was pretty cool. I took the free beers, and ended up giving away the bunjee swing today to a bloke call neals' gf, who wanted to do the jump that he'd won the previous week in a competition with him, but couldnt afford it..So I thought sod it, id give it away. Made thier day anyways, which is what matters, as i would have probably hated it.

Then today Ive just done a power tour around the Atherton Tablelands, walked around a bit, saw a few water falls, swam. Not bad, but the weather is a bit so so again today. Bloody place...

Then in the next few days ill probably just snorkel on the reef, because Id like to while im here...

1 comment:

  1. Oh. *coughs* andigotaspeedingticket *coughs* *coughs*ninetythreeinaseventylimit*coughs*

    ReplyDelete