Tuesday 29 June 2010

Melbourne -> one month in. (yeah. I really have given in trying to find funny titles now. :P)

Hey, just thought id give you another "quick" update, as its been bloody ages!

Again, ive not been up to a massive amount. Just working mainly..ive done a few bits. Just after the last blog (that would be the weekend, as i was demolished in the week), Ive just been mainly out throwing a few shapes (/ air guitarring / (ha!) Break-dancing) down a few pubs...

Last week was pretty cool though. Ive moved into a really cool new hostel in St Kilda, where they have a secure carpark, so i can now take my work car home, which is saving me about a million tonnes of hassle every day! It also means im even vaguely human in the evenings now, so ive actually been enjoying myself in the week...wooohoo! Especially as the have lots of free stuff here..

Tuesdays here they have an open mic night. Its pretty cool. They have a couple of guitars, a keyboard, and obviously a mic. Oh. And two buckets of free punch, and a shit load of nibbles. Yes. I know. Heaven! :P

So I got up, played a few songs (starting off with Fuck her gently, to break the ice as noone really knew me back then! This week im going to do faith I think! :P) And a few of my own songs. That was cool, Its a very musical hostel this one, so I got to know everyone there, which was good..

Then Wednesday I went out and met up with my friend Lara at The Little Creatures bar on Fitzroy St, brunswick. which is probably one of the only nice brewerys in Australia. Well, their bar anyways. It was a really nice place actually. It had a good atmosphere, so we started off in there, then went over to this other bar, which has $4 pizzas mon-thu. I had a prawn and lemon one, which was friggin' awesome. (and another beer). Then we ended up finishing off in some other bar which had some tramp in playing a bit of music, but with the most incredible soul-voice ever. Bizzare,. but bloody cool! It was a really nice night!

Lol. unfortunately because i went to that, I ended missing the cross-dressing party at the hostel, and more free beer, but never mind! :P

Anyways, Im almost out of internet time, so im going to sign off and carry this on in another stage..

No comments:

Post a Comment