Saturday 23 October 2010

What a week!

Its been a few weeks so ill give you guys an update! Alots happened!

On the tuesday after my birthday, then i went to see a really really good band (well, singer song-writer) called passenger at the northcote social club, with paul. He was really really good as usual, and his album, which i bought, is superb.

Then, the impulsive few weeks began. The friday afterwards, a couple of good mates over here, Dave and Nick were going back to england, to work on fitting the electrics on a cruise ship sailing from Greece to Africa. Lucky bar-stewards! So i went over to thier flat, had a few beers, went down to the elephant and wheelbarrow for a few more.

Then, when i got back, they were like 'well, were moving out. Why dont you move into our flat?' Its $145 dollars per week, including the 1st $50 of all bills. And i thought, why not. The hostel was becomming ridiculously expensive. So I did that.

Its been nothing but bloody trouble, but Laura and Una and Joel, my housemates, are really cool, and its just up the road. But basically, i moved in officially (after sleeping on the sofa for a few days) on tuesday night. On wednesday morning, when i went to work, I discovered the landlady [Mila the rent-goblin] had given me the wrong keys. So i couldnt get out of the flat.

A good start.

Then on the Thursday morning, I got to my car at 730am, and discovered someone had drawn a masive c**k down the side of it, with f**k you, which was really fun. So now work have (/are probably?) taking the car off of me. Greeat. Luckily ive only got a few weeks left there...Its mostly come off, but i really didnt need that.

Friday i couldnt get into the carpark, because my beeper thing didnt work.

Saturday I couldnt get OUT of the carpark, because my beeper thing doesnt work..Saturday night, i FINALLY got a new beeper!

Then today, ive just been down the beach, with a couple of mates, Carolina is leaving today, so I was just saying my goodbyes too. Also, im playing at a 'save the planet' where all the lights / aircon / power is being turned off at the hostel tonight, and they want me to play my acoustic for an hour, which should be pretty good...

Also, on other news, Alex Gosbee is coming to visit from sometime around next tuesday, so me and him are going to be going on a bit of a road-trip. Im not sure doing what though. I havent really given in much thought with all the things screwing up this week...

AND, in my next impulsive move, Im starting to plan my next footsteps! a couple of mates, Elsa and Clare, and Jenni infact, are going to do some farmwork for 3-4 weeks before xmas. Which sounds pretty good, and aso, as i need the farmwork for my 2nd year visa, then Im probably going to jump on-board and tag along with them for a bit!

So yes. An incredibly eventful week. I could have done without 2/3 of it, but the farmworking should be awesome! And doesnt leave alot of a gap in between Obriens finishing. AND i should still be back in melbourne for xmas! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment