Wednesday 27 July 2011

....I think I spoke too soon!

Right after I wrote the last blog, I went to see a band play at this really cool bar called Mojos. Matt Gresham. He was sort of good, but got a bit boring after a while. Also, when I went up to speak to him, he didnt give me the time of day, so that was it. Hes got a black mark in my book, and when im a world famous musician, im going to hire someone to Pee into his letterbox... :P

So yes, went to that. Got incredibly drunk, and spent Friday recovering. Mostly. I also got a new set of glasses (the lense kept falling out my old ones, and the arm had fallen off months ago, so it was High Time I got another pair!). $510 altogether the bloody glasses cost. Thats after getting $60 back for the eye test on Medicare! Bloody expensive! Still, it needed to be done. I also got some new clothes.

Now, after that, my plan was to rest. I was pretty hungover, but it was my friend Carla's leaving BBQ at 6pm, so I thought id go to that, have a few beers, walk back, do a bit of busking. Job done.

Ha. That didnt happen. Word of advice: NEVER party with the Irish...at 1am on Sunday, after 2 hours sleep, I FINALLY stopped drinking, and went home. Utterly demolished. It was a really good party though...and Carlas flatmates are awesome! The slight up/downside is I also sort of ended up with a car, which I wasnt after, but its pretty good...I also had the worst Cough Cold ive had in years, stopping me from busking which sucked..luckily I had some cash from the tax back to fall back on, although I would rather have been making it!

Anyways, Basically, because Carla is leaving (well, has left!), and she couldnt sell her car, she gave it over to me, and said that I could either Do it up and sell it, giving her the cash for it, minus whatever Ive spent on it, OR I could pay her the money for the car (she wanted $1k) as and when I had it.. It needs to be re-registered, but ive got the test tommorrow, and all it needs on it now is one Tyre, and the boot lock putting back on (I think it just needs a bit of brute force and ignorance, on closer inspection!). So yes, this baby is my ticket to Darwin. Or at least Broome,,

Then, last weekend, there was Christmas in July at the hostel, where for $10 we got free beer and goon (3 crates of beer, and 5 boxes of goon!), and a massive roast dinner, between about 10 of us. It was really good! Any excuse for a roast dinner is alright by me! :P

So yes, been quite an eventfull few weeks. My voice is back now, so im back to busking. Ive also got my amp through the post, and the rest of the stuff is hopefully following. Annoyingly, an Amp arrived from america before a bloody inverter / converter / battery charger that I ordered from sodding Melbourne! Which is annoying, because Josh has been working lately, so I havent been able to use his amp....

Still, i'll get there eventually. So yes. thats it! Lets see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment