Wednesday 14 September 2011

Walk on the wild....oh, alright. Seaside

Again, its been pretty much the usual around here. Had quite a shite weekend busking...only made $80 on friday, and my mate Ciaron (met him and his gf whilst doing farmworking in Red Cliffs Prison) had a barbieque on the saturday afternoon, so I went to that, had an amazing time, got massively drunk, and then tried busking. Got a bit of money, especially considering that I was almost too drunk to hold the guitar the right way up for the first few hours...then the battery ran out. I missed the train back, so i made a little bit more, then walked to Macdonalds, and had a coffee, then met and chilled with a group of cool people who'd done the same thing. Cool people, cant for the life of my remember thier names.

Anyways, got back and into bed at 8am, so that was sunday pretty much written off sleeping / chilling out on the sofa, trying to ignore this whole real world thing for a bit! :)

Then, feeling a bit guilty, I decided that monday (also, the first day it got to 24-25c in a few months) I was going to do something. So I ended up getting a bus up to Scarborough beach (Its a really nice beach, about 20k north) then, after a bit of lazing around, I walked back.

Well, I walked from Scarborough to City beach (5k) along the cycle patch, which weaved along the coastline. Then I walked along the beach back to cottesloe (7.5k), nearly finding myself on an army firing range on the beach, which I had to go around! Then I got the train to north fremantle (2 stops), went to this really cool venue, Mojos, and watched thier open mic night for a bit, then walked the other 2k home. So yes, alot of walking...

I also got hit on by a massively scary 50 y/o lady, which was pretty much the only reason I left the place. After walking 9miles, I didnt really feel like talking to crazy old ladies, and she wouldnt take the hint and leave me alone....oh well! :P Its what you get when you're as good looking as I am! :) Least its not 80 year olds, like in the good old days at Lloyds Chemists! :)

Anyways, thats it. More busking planned this weekend. I NEED to get some money to pay for this bloody car. Or at least some of it. Bloody thing. (ADVICE: If you come travelling, dont buy a car. You dont need it. Its nothing but trouble. If you want to get around, there are plenty of people who DO have cars, that CAN drive you, and you dont end up spending ridiculous money on nothing).

Its also a friends housewarming on saturday, which I might go to, but again, I need to make money for said stupid bloody car, so i cant really go. Still, on the upside, ive got another friend from farmworking hitting perth on sunday, and a mate from melbourne hitting perth next week, and ANOTHER mate coming here soonish, so that should be cool.

I just should have been up to darwin and coming back by now. Argh. Seriously. If you come travelling. Dont buy a sodding car! *walks off grumbling*

No comments:

Post a Comment