Tuesday 28 February 2012

Airlie Beach - Caiiiiiirns, and beyond! :)

Right, straight after we got off the sailing boat, got back to the campsite, and did some washing, it started raining, and hasnt finished since ! :P Luckily its so bloody hot and humid up here, its quite welcome really...

The journey has been pretty cool, altough havent been up to a huge amount. The next stop after Airlie Beach was Townsville, where we stopped at this campsite, met a cool couple, Jack and Carly, who had been kicked out of thier nans really nice comfortable house for a week while a Japanese friend visited, and was forced into a cramped hot tent, just as the rains started! :P Poor bastards..

I did a bit of busking that night, made $185, which wasnt too bad I suppose. The best part of the evening was when a random bloke came along, and started playing slide guitar, and singing with me...he was pretty good, so I carried on. Turns out he was the guitarist for Men at Work (You know, that 'land down under song'). He'd seen all the buskers up the street, and thought he'd grab his guitar and come and join us for a bit. So yes. Ill chalk that one up. Ive now Played with Men at work (Well, one of them) and John Butler likes my voice. :)  So yes, do a bit more busking, chat to the other buskers...cool guys, then headed back..

The next day we stopped off in this place called Flying Fish Point, just because we liked the name :P, then it was Cairns! Did a bit of busking, but I needed a license, so that didnt really work. Made a bit of cash though...enough to get me by. I also keep running into some of the people I met on my sailing trip around the Whitsundays, which was pretty good..

Now, ive bitten the bullet, and have put in to do a weeks farmwork, just to try and get a bit of extra cash, as I need to get through the centre, and there arent any towns, so I dont want to rely on busking...

Also, I need to try and make a bit of money, because ALthough im coming home in a month :(...., I really need to get back to NZ where theres actually a job waiting for me, with thier version of Autoglass, as opposed to sunny england, where a bunch of nameless w***ers have messed up the country, so theres no bloody work. Especially for a travelling bum such as myself. So yes, I need to get enough to get me back out here if possible. Certainly not done with this whole travelling thing...its far too much fun! (also, busking is apparantly really really good in NZ, so thats something else to consider..)

But yes, we'll see....Ive got to survive a 6am start, and a day picking bloody Limes first of all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment