Sunday 26 December 2010

Christmas 2011.

On the downside, I still have no bloody money, although after much ringing, shouting, and complaining, work were like 'oh. yeah, we owe you a weeks worth of pay dont we?'. Yes. Yes you do. *gives ex-boss a backhanded slap*

Still, on the upside Xmas was really really awesome. Christmas eve I had just about enough cash left over after busking and getting food, for a bottle of aldi's finest $2.50 wine. So i went out into St Kilda to do a bit more busking on xmas eve, and ran into a couple of mates from the hostel I used to stay at, who i havent seen in AAAGES!

Obviously we caught up, and they grabbed me a few pints, as long as I kept playing cheesy hits on the guitar, so that was really good. After that, I went over to Louise, Tara, and lukes place, the other side of the city. We stayed there, drank the rest of the wine, and then went out into town, where luke and Dara (another mate) kindly grabbed me a few more beers.

It was really good. This bar is called E Fifty Five, and you wouldnt know it was there, but its got loads of old, comfy couches in, and old TVS, and has a bit of a rough / seedy vibe. But in a good way. So yes, a very good lead in to xmas...

So Christmas. Christmas was MENTAL.

Xmas day, woke up, went round Zara and everyones house. They were to be our partners in crime for the assualt on St Kilda Beach for the day. It was great. we had a few drinks round their house, then went to the beach.

Theres a video on my facebook, but we came across a barbie-doll massacre, which appealed to my black sense of humour no end! So a good start. We then went to the beach, set up and started drinking and partying.

The barbeques were a slight washout. I cant remember who started them originally, but they just threw the firelighters on top and left them, so unsuprisingly, it didnt work. I did get one going, but by that time, everyone was moaning they were hungry, so we moved to this little park, with the public barbeques. There was this group of people whod gone out and got a little plastic xmas tree, and decorated it with beer cans. I thought this was awesome, and added a bit of a christmas vibe to a day, and was half way through complimenting the guys, when my mate Chads mates, came up with this massive 6-7ft tree! They'd found it at the side of the road, next to two shopping trolleys, so YOINK! we had that one.

Lol, decorated it with anything we could find, including this dead crab that another couple of mates who id met having a barbie a few weeks ago had found. Lol. Im not sure it'll ever catch on, but surely we get points for originality? :P

THEN after that, I tried my hand at cricket, using one of the dead crabs as a ball, got chatting to this canadian bird. Everyone else walked back to the beach, but us two hung around, where a group of french guys were playing bongo-drums and digeridoos. I think dead crab is an aphrodisiac, because me and this canadian were getting along like a house on fire, just kicking back and enjoying the vibes.

Then after a while, went back down the beach, met up with the other guys, a load of randoms wanted to hear a few songs on the guitar (yes, i take it EVERYWHERE. You never know when you might be able to use it to break the ice / blag free stuff! :P).

Then I rang up Home, and also spoke to my mate Dave (peers), Jess, and his family. That was really nice, good to hear everyone again! I did manage to lose the canadian bird in the meantime, but never mind. It didnt matter, because then another group of mates (Elaine, Neil, Don, and his gf) came down, and I hung out with them and had a good craic on the beach. I think theyd taken a little bit more than just beer and cheap wine though, but id managed to get myself on the same level with cheap goon by that point, so it didnt matter!

Then after another few hours, we dragged the xmas tree which wed put in the sand over to this group of people trying to start a fire, and set fire to the thing, and chatted well into the morning. Then about 1am I finally gave up, and went to bed, getting in about 130am. Forgetting that, the next day i had to be up at 8am for the Cricket.

BOXING DAY.

Now i really dont have any money, id left most of the alcahol id scraped together on the beach, and...well, Id had enough tell the truth, so It was a sober day for me. Pretty damn good though, Me, Paul Welland, and a load of his mates brought tickets to the boxing day test months ago.

It was really really good. My 1st cricket match, and wed run australia out for 98 by the afternoon tea break, and thats WITH rain stopping play for an hour or so earlier (we all went down this pub round the corner). So yes, Saw England field, and Saw them bat, and saw the aussies get owned. After that though, and the last few days i was completely demolished. I just went back, watched Titanic on TV (That film goes on for bloody ever. I mean, seriously, did they need to put in all that rubbish before the boat actually sinking?? Pah. If i had the energy i would have got up to change the channel. But i didnt.

And now here I am. The money situations stupid now, but i cant get any more money until work pay me, so i can get a sodding train ticket from this place to do some farm work. Ill give it another 2 days, and then ill go round the account managers house, and kick him in the nuts i think. Or i might just do it anyways. Im done with melbourne now.

So yes. A very very good christmas indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment