Friday 31 December 2010

New Years 2010

Now, before i start, im going to give a bit of a disclaimer, because as i write this, im STILL off my tree. So theres quite a good chance this is going to go horribly wrong, but you know what they say. Strike whilst the Iron is hot.

Im not entirely sure this is why that saying was invented, or in any way the moral that it is trying to imply. But damn it, im drunk still, so going to use it anyways! :P

Right, so reverse back to yesterday. Its 40c, unbroken sunshine, bit windy, but absolutely blinding. Ive got all my stuff sorted, but there still isnt a clear plan about new years. So i do what I feel any self respecting brit would do. Made a vow that the beach, and all who sail in her, are mine.

So after a few drinks at the hostel, chilling, testing the water, I finally find a group of mates who are going down the beach. This suits me perfectly, so i grab a $10 bottle of goon, and a $6 bottle of passion pop for champagne for midnight (yes, it really is as bad as it sounds.), go round their house, and head down the beach.

Also, ive heard that the beach is dry on new years eve, so i cunningly bring my guitar along, and just stick all the alchaol in my guitar case. Problem bloody solved.

So i get down the beach, pass these group of people, and theyre like 'Wow! Are you busking?' so i said 'Well, no, im just carrying the alcahol in the case, im just heading down to watch the fireworks on the beach'. At which point they said 'look. Heres $20, play us 5 songs. Entertain me'

Well, i didnt need telling twice! :P I sat down, played a few songs (Wonderwall, Mr brightside, Creep, Better Man, and Elderly Woman i seem to remember), chatted away. They were a really cool group of people. Of course, by this time id completely lost my mates, but i didnt really care.

It turned out to be a good theme for the night. People just kept throwing money at me, and i wasnt even trying. Id just play mustang sally, and Mr Brightside over and over. I ended up the night $40 up, and that was after a pint or two in this bar, and a mcdonalds.

They went home again, but then another bloke who id met in this pub ages ago, with a mate of mine, and had ended up buying me beer all night for playing guitar then too gave me some Jager Bombs, Then i lost him, but found another group of mates up the beach.

Sat down with them, saw the fireworks at Christmas eve. Got a bit more money from busking, went back to a party round thier house, and that was basically that. Oh, Via Busking in Mcdonalds, and chatting up women there in the queue.

So as a summary, I wake up. Some women stole my Flip Flops, I stole some other flip flops that didnt fit, Gave them to another drunk woman, so im a set of footwear down. Ive got my little fingernail on my left hand painted red (Dont ask. Im sure i thought i was a part of some exclusive club yesterday! :) ) My guitar is now round my friends house, covered in Goon because the bag was leaking. My hat is round another friends house, because. Well, i dont even know why. Im sure i probably had no fecking reason.

Ive had pizza and a beer today for breakfast (at 1pm). And now im back over the edge and drunk again. So im responsibly not sobering up until tommorrow.

Its nice when you dont pay for a bloody thing isnt it?

2 comments:

  1. (youre going to have to exchange Christmas Eve for New Years Eve yourselves. I cant be held responsible if everyone else calls it the wrong name)

    ReplyDelete