Tuesday 26 April 2011

Living the dream, Living the dream!

Its been quite an eventful few days! My room was booked last saturday, so i had to spend the night on the sofa for $10, which worked out really really well, because it meant I (A) had enough spare money to get some food / toothpaste etc, I also saw a job add before anyone else, and managed to get a few days work which is pretty cool!

Ive been helping this bloke renovate his house, doing a bit of plastering, sanding, etc. Tommorrow im sanding the floor, and doing a bit of painting! Ive also kept up at the busking, and made a whole $55 in one day the other day. Ive discovered that if you put only gold coins in the hat (well, guitar case!) people keep throwing them in, so i had loads of people walk past and chuck in $2 a go. Freakin' Awesome!

I also managed to get a free ticket to see Lior and Neil Finn from Crowded house play over here in Perth, although it went tits up, because I had to work a bit later, so i didnt make it to the pub in time for the shuttle bus to leave. In turn this meant I had to use Public Transport, on a public holiday that seems to be going on forever (Thu-Tue!). So i eventually find a bloke whos actually working, and he says that its going to take me over two hours, IF i can get a connecting bus. BASICALLY, i would have had to go to the end of the trainline. Then get a bus, THEN walk to the suburb.

It wasnt going to happen, although i was massively gutted about it. When I got back, Micheal, one of my mates from the hostel offered me his car, but id been wondering around perth exploring for too long, so id missed my chance. Which was a shame.

Still, I switched to plan B, which was play the open mic (well, okay, i was coerced into it, but it was pretty good fun in the end!) and get horrendously drunk. People kept buying me free alcahol etc, and it went down really well. So that was good!

Now today, a couple of guys from the hostel caught a Stingray, which Micheal, the Legend Chef, is currently cooking! Ive never had stingray before, which is pretty damn awesome. Im all up for trying new things to increase my waist size! :P

So yes, I can hand on heart say that im doing things that Steve Irwin only dreamed of! :P

So yes, things are looking up. I really like Freo...Its an amazing place. Im having such a good time, which is what i needed after 3 months working on farms in the hell hole that is Red Cliffs, Victoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment