Saturday 23 April 2011

Perth

Not alot to update really, but theres free internet here, so I thought that I would do it anyways. Ive been doing much of the same recently. I went round and handed in a load of CVs the other day, which hopefully will get me something back.

Ive also made a sign for my guitar, that says 'IF YOU'RE FED UP OF ME PLAYING THE SAME SIX DEPRESSING SONGS, OVER AND OVER, THEN IM AFTER WORK. CALL ME!' which hopefully will work! Its been the easter weekend, so things have been a bit slow.

Yesterday there was a street performer festival thing, which was pretty cool. Lots of cool acts, although it meant that I couldnt busk because there was too much amplified music. Well, I did find one spot which was pretty good, but then this complete arse with an amplified guitar and a drumkit set up about 2m from me, and drowned me out. After me telling him that this was my spot, and him basically telling me to p*** off, its a free festival, I walked away before I hit the bloke, and went back to the hostel for a swim and played a bit of makeshift volley ball. Well, I was absymal at it, but its the thought that counts!

Other than that ive (like I said) been busking for my rent / food etc each day. I may even have enough by the end of today for some cheap Goon as well, we'll see. Seems a shame to waste the money on alcohol though, so i probably wont. Oh, and I did an open mic night at this pub around the corner called the orient. They do free food on a Thursday, then have an open mic night, so i was well happy!

Dont know what Im up to today yet. Busking obviously, then who knows? Ill keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment