Tuesday 5 April 2011

Another year over! (I cant bloody belive it!)

Wow....2 more days until my visa offically expires!

Ive been working pretty hard the last few weeks too....Went back to helping the guy with his fence, and a bit of digging around the house again, which was cool. Kept me occupied!

Then I went onto a Sultana Harvest for a few days, where I was on the trailer behind the harvester, pulling all the big branches out of the bins etc. It was a little bit monotomous, but it'll be pretty good money when the farmer finally gets a bit of time off to come and pay me! I also had my 1st near death experience! :) Well, it wasnt that bad, but one of the tractors had a really vicious clutch, and most of the time i remembered to have a hold onto the back of the trailor so i didnt fall over.

This time id gotten too involved in pulling out twigs etc, so when the tractor started, I fell off, scraped my entire side down the bin, nearly had my ankle go under the wheels, but held myself up. The farmer didnt bloody stop for me! Then as I dragged myself up, cursing and swearing, a bloody vine came along and nearly launched my glasses into the vines! Suffice to say, the air turned a bit blue!

Then after that ive done a few days sultana picking, which was alright. An extra bit of pocket money. Now ive applied for my visa, which is pretty cool. We'll have to see how it goes. I cant get hold of a few of the farmers ive done work for, so I couldnt put down all my days, but never mind! Whats there should do the trick! Theres enough anyhows...

Other than that a new couple of people have come into the hostel, who seem pretty cool! One of them is almost as music mad as i am, which is pretty good! Although she has gone around all of the locals trying to set me up writing music, and playing. Well, im supposed to do a christening on sunday. 2 hours, happy / oldish music. I dont really have time, well. not until I know whats happening about my visa...

It should be fine, but id rather have it in writing! Then I can concentrate on my music again. Also, If a farm job comes up, I cant really skip in and out of it for all these gigs. But we'll see. If one doesnt I suppose ive got a few extra dollars and a bit of beer on the sunday!

So yes. Thats the Red Cliffs update!

No comments:

Post a Comment