Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Last of Fremantle (for now! :P)

After that I got back, there was nowhere to stay, so I ended up staying round my friend Lauras house for nearly a week. It was pretty cool of her actually. Then I went back to the hostel, and ended up having to sleep on the sofa for a bit, because my bed was double booked, then back to Lauras. Got a bit of cash, and buggered off!

Highlights were a carnaval which came though the high street, and was really good to watch. Had the fortune of seeing the whole thing with a nice cold Carlton Draught in my hand, pretty damn good! Then after that, Passenger played at Mojos, which was awesome!

Mike is a really good singer songwriter from sunny england, but keeps coming over here, and busking and playing a few gigs. Does it whilst its cold in winter in England, then goes back to sunny UK over summer. Perhaps I could take a leaf out his book. Never dipping below 20c sounds like a pretty good plan to me! :) Anyways, saw his gig. I didnt have a ticket, because theyd all sold out, and I didnt have a card to buy one online (because id lost it in Margaret river), so I turned up early before the venue properly opened, and was going to buy one, but actually ran into him, and had a little chat. He put me on the guest list in the end, which was good. Amazing gig. though. The support was pretty good too.. There was this lady called Georgina something, and she was outstanding. Cant think of her name though which is a shame!

Then thats it. Rusen came over to Freo, and It was really good to see her again, then I had an impulsive moment, coupled by the fact they had a massive thunderstorm and it was 19c, and jumped in my car and drove off!

No comments:

Post a Comment