Tuesday 20 December 2011

ROAD TRIP MARGARET RIVER - PERTH - EXMOUTH

Its been a while, but im going to throw up a quick blog of my journey over the last few months. This is from 9 / 11 / 11

Basically, my plan here was I was going to go around Margaret River for a few weeks, then drive up north to Broome, then Darwin. You know, busk, chill out, see the area, etc. This is what actually happened..

MARGARET RIVER - Fri 10/11/11

Me, Diego, Flo, and Ze Germans, Sarah, Otto, Tina, Mario, Otto, and Stephan all rocked up to this hostel around 8pm. Well, they were staying in the hostel. We wanted to (a) save money, and (b) save a bit of cash, so we slept in the car. Which did mean that technically we wernt allowed to be in the hostel past 8pm. Erm. Well, that sort of happened. Not!

The first night we played drinking games. It was a bloody good night, but I did manage to lose my wallet though. I also managed to pass out on the sofa, which matey wasnt very happy about when he rocked up to his hostel at 8am. Oops! Oh well!

Then we went out, drove into town, and had a look around, then went to this awesome cave which was45m deep, and 2ks big. Well, the whole system went for 18k's. Pretty damn amazing. It had some really cool Stalagtites, mites, straws, etc.  There was also some pretty spectacular forests (Which burnt down about 2 days after we visisted. Nothing to do with me, I promise! :P Well, I hope! :)), then we ended up in Augusta, rocked out on the beach there for a bit, then we all had a barbie on the beach, and went back and went to sleep (well, via the rest of the beer we'd brought the day before! :P)

SUNDAY

Today we went to a chocolate factory, which wasnt actually factorying. It was also massively over priced, but they did do a Chocolate Liquor, which was bloody amazing! Then, stopping off at a few beaches on the way, we went back to freo, where I did a bit of last minuite busking, and ended up sleeping on the Sofa at the hostel, because they were fully booked!

MONDAY (FREO - EXMOUTH)

So now im back in Freo. Sarah said though, that If I drive them up to Exmouth, then they would pay for me to eat, and for the petrol. Well, I couldnt say no. Good Company, and a free trip up north? Hell yeah! So yes, It was Italian Diego, Sarah, and Tina who came with me on this trip...

Monday we drove up to Kalbarri. It was an awesome drive. A really nice stretch of coast. We stopped off at the Pinnacles, which are rocks jutting out f the sand in the desert. Much cooler than it sounds written down!  Then we carried on to Kalbarri which had some of the most spectacular coastal scenery I think ive ever seen. Specially at sunset (which we got there just in time for!). Beautiful!

Then at the hostel we ran into my mate Dan from Freo. It was cool, so we had a few beers (which he brought), then ended up going to another party, and drinking and chatting more, then a local guy called Graham (who was the most stereotypical Aussie ive ever met. Youtube the australian monty python sketch and youve got him!) for even more beers. Really nice peopple. had a good time!

It was good, although the next day the others got a tour around the national park, but I couldnt go because I didnt have the right shoes (some bastard stole them!). Never mind. Anyways, Ive only got 3 mins of internet left, so im going to have to sign off and come back to this.

Tune in for part two, where I go up to Coral Bay, then Exmouth, then back!


No comments:

Post a Comment