Wednesday 9 March 2011

Soundwave Festival! For those about to RAAAWWWKK!

Which brings me up to last weekend! Which was really really awesome...

I was bloody lucky. Neil had a spare ticket to Soundwave festival in Adelaide, that he wanted to get rid of, so he gave it to me. So i just had to sort out a $37 bus ride, and that was that. So i thought sod it. Ill go. Ive wanted to go to an Australian festival, and its not often you get an $150 ticket for nothing..

It was so much fun. We got there, and some of Neils Aussie mates from Melbourne, who actually lived in Adelaide, invited us to a BBQ, so we went over there, after a few beers in town, and ended up having a great time. The food was excellent, there was more free booze than you could shake a stick at, and they were all such a good group of people. They also let us crash out in the lounge on the sofas, so we didnt even need to pay for a hostel!

So yes, went to bed at 4am, woke up at 9am. Went to this pub, which was owned by one of the girls at the bbq, who were also going to the festival's parents, and had a $5 bacon and eggs. Then went to the festival, which was a rock festival with possibly the worlds best lineup!

I saw Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stoneage, Slash, Primus (Who were outstanding!), Slayer, Monster Magnet, Devil Driver, some of Stone Sour, and Feeder. Pretty damn good!

Less than jake, Mad Caddies, and Third Eye Blind were playing too, but i missed them. Went through the day basically topping myself up on beer (I have no money still. Farmworking sucks for money, although apparantly if i do it again, i want to sign up for vintage at the start of the season, and get 800-1000k a week!), then went back to this rock club, which was pretty cool, although crammed..

A Load of the bands were down there chilling out too, which was good, but i didnt take advantage of it, because Id just ordered a whole Maccy D's family box to myself (I hadnt eaten all day, and was more hungry than id ever been in my life!), managing one and 2/3 of the 2 big macs, a cheeseburger, 6 nuggets, 2 chips, and a two cokes before dying of a heart attack. This made me feel a bit sick for some reason...AND also, seeing as id been up the front for the bands all day, I was so tired. I went back, hit the pillow and thats it. Bam. Gone! Asleep!

So worth it though. I nearly didnt go, because I didnt have the money, but hell. Free Ticket, Free house. It was the cheapest festival id ever been to, and such a good weekend. Adelaide is SUCH a good city!

So yes. the grape harvest here is fecked, so ive lost my job again now, because there arent any grapes for me to stack, so im going to get a few dollars together and get the hell out of dodge i think. Maybe head over to Adelaide to find some farmwork, as the apocalypse hasnt hit there yet! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment