Tuesday 22 March 2011

Wow....nearly a year!

Wow...Two weeks tommorrow, and ill have successfully have blagged my way through a whole year outside of england!

Im still in Red Cliffs, just about scraping by on farmwork, although the last few weeks have been fairly good workwise.. I spent all of last week working for a plumber, putting up a roof (yes. you heard me. A roof. Thats probably why they all leak over here, they think they OUGHT to have water pouring through them!), and possibly the easiest job ive EVER done, which is grading and packing mangos. Which was the work equivilent of basically staying in bed for 2-3 days and getting paid for it!

Its a good job i got the work last week actually. I got paid after a few days, and thought that id pay off the 2 weeks rent that I owed to the hostel. Only to find out that Id somehow not paid since the start of Feburary, and they didnt mention it, because they knew id pay eventually! I was like 'well, of course ill pay, but if you dont tell me that I owe you money, then i cant bloody pay can i?'

So yes. Earnt a shed load. Paid it all to the hostel. Bugger. The mango picking helped too...that was good pay, but Rusen, the german girl im currently travelling around with is too bloody efficient, has all her days on her visa, and therefore organised the place, and shot through the work in 1.5 days instead of 3, because she was annoyed they were doing things so slowly! Bloody Germans! i was like 'Dont go fast! Theyre disorganised! I can get at least an extra day out of this place! If not 2! At $180 per day!'
'Ah, well, its too slow!' THATS THE POINT!! DRAG IT OUT!! (*sighs*). I Hate german efficicency.

So yes, am looking for a job again. Ive got 4 days in which to do it, although im done with farmwork! 2 weeks! Cant bloody wait..

On top of that, Neil went the other day. I think hes been getting quite homesick, so after a bottle of whisky, he decided to quit his job, and apply for his visa a month early, by backdating it on the form. Which is never a good idea. So we'll see if he gets that or not. They're checking the visas pretty thoroughly though, so it looks like he might be back in Ireland before long...

Erm, Canadian Jordan left the hostel too, Rusen and Emily are leaving next wednesday and thursday to do some more travelling, which leaves about 5 people left. All of them working. So daytime is pretty shite at the moment.

I just need another few days work, and ill have the funds to move on. Maurie, the plumber said he might have some landscaping work for me to do next weekend, and the farmer whom I picked the mangos with said hed probably need me for a day or two next week to do another 3 trees worth, which wernt ripe enough yesterday..then my main plan is to "make like a tree, and get the flock out of here (its leave you dumbass! <--Back to the Future)"

So yes. Good times! We'll see what happens. If i dont get work in the next 4 days, then i may even be coming home to sunny england, although i hope not! (no offence guys! :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment