Thursday 3 May 2012

Bloody immigration

So yes, I get to the airport, give them my ticket, looking forward to the next step of my adventure, and the bloke says I need to print out the ongoing ticket. Not a problem, although time is ticking by. I run to the jetstar desk, print the ticket, run back.

Bloke then gets his boss. Now, Apparantly because the ticket I had from Christchurch in a month was (Well, is) going back through Melbourne Tullamarine, it apparantly didnt count. Also there wasnt enough time on my passport for the visa to be valid.

I explained quite clearly (for once) that the reason I was going to go to NZ was to GET said passport,, and then I could get a new visa, but it wouldnt matter, because I wasnt going to australia, I was going to MAL-AY-SIA. Like it says on the ticket.

Nope, apparantly this wasnt good enough. They also point out that my visa is about to run out, so I cannot stay. Anyone else out there seeing anything ridiculously stupid about this situation? *I* point out that I know, and THATS WHY I HAVE THE TICKET TO NEWZEALAND! (at this point in my minds eye im slamming the stupid woman behind the desks face into the table, but Im staying nice and calm). She says that I cant use the ticket to NZ because its comes back through Australia. *I* say yes...THEN on to Singapore, and THEN onto Malaysia. The other two bits on the ticket. Im not just going there and back again. 

Nope, nothing. Ive had more productive conversations with my tea cup. So after chatting with an immigration lady, who told me to go down to the office first thing on tuesday, because its a bank holiday and immigration is apparantly open for everyone when theres the promise of a beer and a barbeque on, and get it sorted out.

So yes. Thats it. Back to pauls I go...It was pretty good actually. I get to see more of him and Phoebe before I leave, but bloody stressful. On top of that, Air NZ took my airfare twice, and it took me 1.5 weeks to get it back....

So yes, que 3 weeks of immigration fun. Sorted out now though, which is all good....

No comments:

Post a Comment