Thursday 3 May 2012

Melbourne, Melbourne, Sydney, Melbourne, Immigration, Melbourne

So yes, the final outcome of the passport debacle was that I sent away for a new one, which stupidly, goes to the High Commission in Canbera, who then send it off to the High Commission in Wellington NZ, who THEN send it off to London, who THEN send it back to me! What a bloody palava...

Anyways, I did it, and then just had to wait basically. So I go and watch paul play footy, helped him and Phoebe move into thier new house, found out that Ikea, if you sign up for thier free card, give you free tea and coffee. As much of it as you want, and bloody cheap (but nice and big portioned) meals as well . $2 for fish and chips and veg, $4.50 for a plate of meatballs mash and gravy. Cheaper than cooking! so went there quite a few days after speaking to immigration.

Then after that, Alex is driving up to Sydney to try and get some work. Ive sold my amp to a bloke the other side of sydney, and was a bit concerned about getting my money through, and so think sod it, ill jump in. Moneywise it was a bad decision. Id forgotton that Sydney just evaporates your money. You dont walk in a shop and youve spent $50 somehow..

But I did meet up with my mate Nancy, who Id met in Fremantle, one night. We just went to a bar, had a few drinks, caught up on the past year...It was really good to see her! then I won all my money back id spent that night on the Fruit Machine (put in $10 and won $40), then caught up with my mate Dom, who I also knew from sydney, and his flat mates. He left the monday just gone..

That was a good night. It was ANZAC day, where every australian celebrates thier victory (? I always thought that nearly everyone died in this battle?) in Gallapoli by getting absolutely wasted from 6am to midnight it seems. Its always a good day in Sydney, and I thought hell, ill capitalise. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same thought, and there was about 30 buskers per metre. I did make a fair bit of cash though, which was good. Then went and met up with Dom in this pub, and ended up being up on stage there with my hat down earning even more money, and also drinks.

Then the curse of Sydney struck, and I ended up with $50 the next day, which after $20 worth of train fares and $10 worth of food to get back to Alex and our mate Raj in Horsely park, seemed a bit annoying! Never mind eh?

So yes, after that I booked a ticket back from Sydney, and am back in Melbourne. Had to wait for paul to come in from work to get back into thier house, so I ended up going to watch the Avengers at the Cinema, which is an awesome film, if only because of the over the top explosions and fights! :P

Anyways, My passport has finally arrived. Ive managed to pull the whole chip off, where it had the sticker saying 'please peel off', so hopefully that wont cause any problems. Other than that, ive got a ticket to Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia booked tommorrow, where I plan to spend the next 3 weeks on a beach!

So yes, Ill keep you all posted, but looks like this is the last entry of Stottydoessydney, and the first of StottydoesKL :)


No comments:

Post a Comment