Thursday 3 May 2012

The Two M's, Mildura and Melbourne

So after farming I went into Mildura for the weekend, and caught up with my old mate German Chris who id met in Red Cliffs last year..It was pretty cool, I went out, did a bit of busking which went really well out there. I even got about 3 offers to play in bars, but unfortunately my visa was running out and I didnt have time...Then after busking I met up Chris, and had some drinks.

The next day I managed to run into another old friend, Jake, who I met in Red Cliffs last year, and actually travelled to perth with which was a nice suprise! I was supposed to meet up with beers but didnt have time in the end, which was a shame. I met up with Benji from Broome, and Dan from Mildura too, so yes. It was a busy few days...It was nice catching up with everyone, but equally nice to get the hell out of there!

So to Melbourne I went...It was good to be back, although Alex wasnt taken with the city. Hes more of a Sydney man I think, but then again theres no accounting for taste.. :P. The first few days I stayed over at my friend Ruth's (who I met in Broome) house and caught up with her, which was pretty cool. Did a bit of busking, and made my plans to go home...

Which basically, because my passport was running out (It had 3 months left) and the only place you can sort out your passport in Australiasia is New Zealand, I thought a month in NZ was the only logical choice. Then onwards to Malaysia. Then home. Bosh, Job done.

So with this in mind, I catch up with my mates Paul (welland, from back home!) and his Girlfriend / almost wife Phoebe for a few days, put my amp on Ebay, because theres no way I can safely carry it around Asia. It would die.. Go to a party with alex and my mate from Melbourne Dave round my mates neil, Chandler, and Jess's house, dance and barbeque the night away. It was a fucking awesome party, and really good to see everyone again..I even got offered a 60% discount on a hooker (at $160) at this brothel in Wellington which this blokes mum owned somehow...Gotta admit, thats the first time thats ever happened!

And went off to the Airport the next day, where everyone lived happily ever after....

No comments:

Post a Comment