Wednesday 9 May 2012

Malaysia Baby!

Finally! They let me out of Australia! I can already hear the collective nation crying... :) What was that? A massive loss to Australian music..? I thought so too! :)

Anyways, because England is wet, and cold, and just an all round miserable place to be in from all accounts, I decided to go to Malaysia for a few weeks to check the place out. I did actually try and go to New Zealand, but apparantly they wouldnt let me travel because its too easy for me to skip back into Australia on a tourist visa, and dissapear. Who makes these rules, I have NO idea..

So yes, thats one more ticket wasted. Malaysia on the other hand turns out to be an awesome place. And cheap(er than australia by a long shot!) too. Somehow on the last night in Australia, I managed to get through nearly $100 on christ knows what. $100 will last a week and a half if you look after it.

So yes, got into KL, and ended up at this really cool backpackers in China Town called Reggae Mansion (they played Reggae once.. :P). I was a bit apprehensive, id booked myself into a 24 bed dorm because it was the cheapest room. Now, backpacking has taught me that this would be in a cramped 2x2 room, with some rickety Bunkbed..

...Nope. It was a huge huge room, and each bed (6 on each wall, 2 sets high) was a queensize double. Probably the best bed ive had in two years. They went back into the wall, and had a curtain you could pull across and everything. The people there were awesome too. Grabbed the ol' Gweetar and played for free beer on the first night, and that was that! Met too many people, because I cant bloody remember the names of any of them, but a great group!

I obviously walked around and saw all the sights as well, the Petrona towers, the museums, the parks. Chinatown, the Markets, etc. The parks were really beautiful..I met this really cool argentian couple as well, who were as lost as I was and we all explored them together....and the food. The food is ridiculously amazing, and really really cheap. You go to the street venders, and it costs 50p. :)

This blog isnt making much sense, but as the travellers amongst you are possibly aware, Asia is basically an assault on every one of your senses, and quite impossible to explain, and though Malaysia appears (so far) to be less hectic than say, Hong Kong etc, its DEfINATELY asia. :)

Now ive headed up to Penang today. I got the bus up (30ringitt), and enjoyed the spectacular scenary out the window..half the mountains look like a giant has come along, and taken massive chunks out of the side. Pretty cool stuff...

Im in Georgetown for a few days now, then im going over to Langkawi I think..Set myself up on an amazing beach for a few weeks before my trip back to sunless, good beachless uk! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment